My Blog List

Saturday, December 10, 2011

And so it begins....

Here we go... the first blog post in the history of my life! I must admit I have thought about this step for ages as I tend to take things a bit too seriously and I did not want to start something I could not keep up with. 


There is soooo much I need to learn about blogging, including how to make my blog simple and neat looking; but I guess practice will help me in that. I want my blog to include all the things I enjoy the most in life, including crafts, baking, cooking and photography.


 I always considered myself as a jack of all trades but master of none and I was quite content with that label. As I grew older this began to frustrate me, so I decided to just do what I loved and become the master of these things.  On the top of my mastery list at the moment, you will find my baking skills :) haha my mum is one proud mamasita!!! Throughout my teens, I remember her telling her friends how worried she was about my future, since I was not capable or the least interested in girly things. In her Filipino accent she would hassle about how I did not know how to clean or use the washing machine or worse of all .... couldn't even boil some rice without burning it!!! 


Well, things have changed tremendously since my teen years and now I truly love all the girly things in life and pots


Welcome to all the undomesticated goddesses out there. You don't need to be born a cook, chef or baker but you can work hard at refining you skills and making your loved ones happy and a tiny little bit overweight!!


Girly and pink thoughts,
Maggie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Maggie!! First of all, welcome to the blog world! I'm your first follower. Woohoo!! :) I look forward to what's next from you.

    Second, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment. To answer your question about the molasses, I'm not exactly sure? Obviously you'd need a substitute that's a liquid, like molasses. Is the molasses brown sugar granulated like regular sugar? If so, I would try 1/8 C of that with 1/8 C of water. I personally haven't tried that, but that's where I would start. After that, maybe I would try corn syrup. Let me know what you try and how it works out!! :)

    ReplyDelete